BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Forty Seconds

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited.

I love the way things make a resurgence in our lives. I'll take the good with the bad.

It's the strange feeling that you get standing in line at the market when you smell something that reminds you of being a child. It doesn't have to be just being a child, but even a specific memory in your childhood. Something that once brought you happiness now brings you nostalgic sorrow. Most people would want to bottle that smell (Pushing Daisies, anyone?) and huff it until it deadens your nasal glands. For me, I want to whiff eau de Childhood, remember, and forget.

Dad taught me more French than he nor I ever realized. Allons! - Let's go.
Yes, Dad, let's go.

These peculiar memories seem to clamor at the cusp of my consciousness now more than ever. I think I slept my way through 'til now never looking at the past or present.
When your tunnel vision is set on 'future,' you lose sight of everything.

Maybe an old friend - damned clichés - stumbled back into your life. I had one do that. Now, she's my everything. See, it's a good thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ice fell from the sky today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow, I promise there will be a decent post. Exhaustion is keeping me from sanity and feeling.


RWH

1 comment:

  1. Quit apologizing (doubting yourself, more like). This post is perfectly sane, and a hell of a lot more feeling than a majority of my mindless musings.

    You're an altogether beautiful person, Richard Hébert.

    ReplyDelete